Floyd mayweather vs. Manny pacquiao

Ads by Adsense

Floyd mayweather vs. Manny pacquiao 

This is nothing more than an attempt by team Pacquiao to get the public/networks to buy into a rematch Floyd has one more fight before he retires, and they clearly want to be that fight. The problem that they are going to run into is that I don’t believe the public, or the networks for that matter will throw that type of money at them again (especially if the PPV #‘s don’t come back as expected). Furthermore, the fight wasn’t very competitive (at least not as competitive as some people wanted), nor was it that exciting (aside from the nostalgia of seeing them in the ring together). Manny had 3 (maybe 4) good rounds, but beside that, he was swinging at air and getting countered (text book Floyd type fight). After watching that fight, I don’t think Manny would win 5-years ago. Styles make fight, and Floyd’s style is simply too much for Manny.

I am very curious to see who Floyd’s final fight will be. I don’t think the money will be there to do Manny again, I don’t think Floyd will risk his undefeated record against the young guns like Thurman; nor do I see Floyd taking the Khan fight (a fighter I believe has the best chance to beat Floyd). Frankly, I think Floyd’s farewell fight is going to be against Danny Garcia. That is a fight that I believe posses little risk, has ‘some’ substance to it (as Danny IS the best 140lbs. fighter in the world), and will have the type of pre-fight tension and trash talking (i.e. papa Garcia) that this event was missing.

As for Manny, I would love to see him move down to 140lbs. (the weight division he should be fighting at) and take on some of the top guys there. A fight vs. Broner would do big numbers, a fight vs. Lucas or Peterson would be exciting, and a fight with Crawford would be GREAT! And that could be the type of win that would launch Crawford into superstardom (a place I firmly believe he belongs).

How do you guys feel about Floyd vs. Crawford at 147lbs.? I would rather see that than Floyd vs. Garcia.

Læs også:

Netflix Review - De bedste online filmtjenester

Yousee andmelse - Anmeldelse af YouSee bredbånd

Viaplay andmeldelse - ViaPlay, men hvilken af de fire streamingtjenester er bedst?

Streaming i 2014: Her er de bedste online-filmtjenester


06.15Google Blogspot